A new UBC favicon file is now available to add to your unit’s website. The goal of the new favicon design is to strongly represent UBC on the Web and to support the branding efforts of the university. Previously, UBC’s old version of the crest was being used; UBC’s new favicon has improved type legibility and is aligned to the UBC Brand.
If your unit’s website is currently hosted with one of UBC’s centrally provisioned CMS (Content Management System) tools – UBC IT’s Drupal, CTLT’s WordPress, or Okanagan’s ACM software, we will work with your CMS service provider to update your site with the new favicon.
If your unit’s website is self-installed and self-managed, please follow the installation steps below:
- Download the UBC favicon file (in ZIP format).
- Unzip the file. You should now see the file, “favicon.ico.”
- Locate the original favicon.ico file in your website. By default, it should be located in your site folder “/_ubc_clf/img/favicon.ico”.
- Replace the original favicon.ico file with the new downloaded version.
- Using an HTML editor such as Dreamweaver, upload the new favicon.ico file via FTP to your website server.
NOTE: If the new favicon does not appear on your website, you may need to clear your browser’s cache.