The a place of mind community site is an aggregation of some of the best social media content generated by the UBC community each day. It brings together blogs, news, video, and SlideShare content from more than 100 student, faculty, and staff contributors.
Together they cover sustainability, health, business & politics, learning, arts & culture, and our engaging student life. Users can read and easily share stories with their networks, as well as subscribe to the content that interests them most.
Latest feeds: a place of mind
- Opera Under the Stars back at UBC Okanagan
- Community health-based volunteer program spreads across Canada
- Want to feel stronger and thinner? Get some exercise
- Student juggles search and rescue role while scoring top grades
- UBC grants honorary degree to iconic artist Alex Janvier
- New economics and media course offered at UBC’s Okanagan campus
- UBC’s annual Think Tank supports a bright future for Osoyoos Secondary School
- Exercising can protect the brain from Alzheimer’s disease
- Talk—don’t text—in times of stress, says UBC research
- ENHANCE Happiness and Well-Being study opens to new participants
Building the Community
Every day we monitor the site and actively share some of the most interesting posts through our Facebook and Twitter channels. UBC’s Common Look and Feel web templates also pull in the three most recent posts, connecting the site to hundreds of other UBC websites.
Last year this award-winning aggregator site was visited by nearly 100,000 people from 168 different countries. In the spring of 2012, a mobile-friendly version of the site was launched, making our community’s ideas easily accessible from any smartphone or tablet.