The a place of mind community site is an aggregation of some of the best social media content generated by the UBC community each day. It brings together blogs, news, video, and SlideShare content from more than 100 student, faculty, and staff contributors.
Together they cover sustainability, health, business & politics, learning, arts & culture, and our engaging student life. Users can read and easily share stories with their networks, as well as subscribe to the content that interests them most.
Latest feeds: a place of mind
- UBC researcher looks to the future of bone replacements
- UBC engineers use tech to tackle rental shortage
- Telemedicine improves patient care across vast distances
- Community experiences Opera Under the Stars at UBC Okanagan
- Student health and wellbeing focus of new UBC course
- UBC Okanagan’s HAT TRICK returns for round three
- Rapid Access Clinic reduces patient wait times, improves diagnosis
- UBC Okanagan presents poet Jordan Scott at a public reading
- Sulphites and the great wine debate
- UBC Library enhances access to Okanagan Valley historical resources
Building the Community
Every day we monitor the site and actively share some of the most interesting posts through our Facebook and Twitter channels. UBC’s Common Look and Feel web templates also pull in the three most recent posts, connecting the site to hundreds of other UBC websites.
Last year this award-winning aggregator site was visited by nearly 100,000 people from 168 different countries. In the spring of 2012, a mobile-friendly version of the site was launched, making our community’s ideas easily accessible from any smartphone or tablet.